Shaley’s UX Writing and Content Design Portfolio
Copywriting for a Tech Program
In this copy, I introduce a program to help teams improve online collaborations.
The audiences for this copy are managers and human-resource professionals who are interested in helping teams and organizations become elite virtual teams.
Online Collaborations Training for Teams
ALIGN YOUR TEAM’S VISION AND AMPLIFY THEIR TALENTS TO INCREASE TRUST, SPEED UP WORK, AND CUT OPERATIONAL COSTS
Participate 100% online from anywhere! Our process:
- Initial consultation – We meet with you to discuss your team’s specific needs.
- Assessment – Using a mix of online focus groups, surveys, and interviews, we uncover your team’s strengths, weaknesses, and requirements to improve online collaborations.
- Recommendations report – We prioritize changes that can most help your team in the short and long term.
- Action plan development – We work with you to draft a step-by-step plan to improve your team’s online collaborations.
- Ongoing coaching and support – Through a range of activities (e.g., facilitated team discussions, one-on-one coaching, pre-recorded team training, etc.) we help your team manage change
Signs That Your Team Could Use Elite Virtual-Team Coaching and Consulting
- People do the bare minimum with collaborative applications to avoid appearing ineffective or incompetent.
- They dismiss technologies that support work-life balance, because of personal insecurities or flex-work politics.
- They abstain from learning new, rapidly-changing systems because of valid, unaddressed fears.
- People keep trying to integrate new collaborative technologies into teamwork, with little or no improvements to productivity.
- Everyone tends to use collaborative tools differently. They argue about “what works best” and frequently drag projects, documentation, and other work from tool to tool.
When this is the case, teams often feel disheartened and struggle with trust. A team with low trust will rarely get the most value out of online tools, regardless of how amazing the tools may be.
Build Your Team’s Momentum to Operate Online like an Elite Sports Team Operates on the Field
Give your team the support it deserves. We wouldn’t expect professional athletes to be effective without training and strategy. In addition to the latest technology, they have access to coaches, nutritionists, trainers, videographers, psychiatrists, and more.
Sports teams learn and practice common behaviors, skills, and processes so they can operate like finely tuned machines. Everything is structured to guarantee maximum performance. Generous guidance and mentorship are provided for teams of 2 to 15 players.
Ask yourself… what would happen if YOUR TEAM trained to collaborate online this way?
8 Benefits to Online Collaborations Training for Teams
With everyone moving to work online, there has never been a better time to invest in your team’s skills! Plus, the more Trust Changers skills are consistently applied by all team members and leadership, the more trust will be created overall — with noticeable impact online and offline.
Benefit 1: Colleagues suffering from low trust and poor collaborative-technology use can change their trajectory to become more comfortable and effective using online tools as a team.
Benefit 2: As the team builds trust and improves online communications and collaborations, work will speed up and operational overhead will go down.
Benefit 3: Inclusive activities to identify opportunities for improvement reduces resistance and prepares all team members to begin applying new skills and methodologies.
Benefit 4: Participation via videoconferencing helps team members realize that productive collaborations are possible whether people are in the next office, next building, or 6,000 miles away.
Benefit 5: Building common skills helps the team promote feelings of inclusion, democracy, and trust.
Benefit 6: Aligning collaborative-technology workflows leads to reduced duplication and less stressed employees.
Benefit 7: Dedication to developing a high-trust team fast tracks flexibility, agility, and innovation.
Benefit 8: Practice with online tools for communications and collaborations helps team members remain proficient while enhancing overall performance.
Our Focus: Every Online Team Needs These Skills
These are the Trust Changers — the collaborations, communications, creativity, critical thinking, content management, and cybersecurity skills that stand the test of time. Your team’s action plan will focus on the specific skills from this list that will most benefit everyone in the short and long term.
- Reputation, integrity, and community building
- Cultivating a trust mindset
- Negotiations and constructive dialogue
- Project coordination and management
- Netiquette (online manners and best practices)
- Positive social contribution
- Team and leadership dynamics
- Amplifying strengths with cloud technologies
- Sharing victories and praise
- Understanding your audience
- Optimizing user experience
- Selecting media and channel types
- Writing and organizing content
- Design and color essentials
- Selecting and customizing images
- Creating and conducting presentations
- Infographics and data presentation
- Selecting or creating and integrating video
- Inclusiveness and accessibility (CC)
- Standardizing work processes
- Selecting, organizing, and presenting information
- Defining information standards
- Knowledge sharing and transparency
- Website architectures (deep vs. shallow)
- Curation technologies (wikis, databases, etc.)
- Reusing content to multiply value
- Content management methodologies
- Safeguarding legitimacy, privacy, and security
- Protecting data
- Cybercrime and fake news awareness
- Responsibilities of individuals, businesses, government, etc.
- Separating personal, public, and professional identities
- Hardening against scam vulnerabilities
- Data protection laws (GDPR, CAN-SPAM, etc.)
- Growth and exploration mindset
- Problem solving
- Ideation and adaptability
- Design thinking and rapid iteration
- Crowdsourcing ideas and actions (surveys, focus groups, etc.)
- Expanding software/app value
- Turning limitations into strengths
- Finding inspiration in unrelated industries
- Self awareness and emotional intelligence
- Strategy, planning, and productivity
- Challenging assumptions
- Unbiased research and decision making
- Remaining objective and impartial
- Information ethics
- Searching trusted resources (peer reviewed, etc.)
- Troubleshooting techniques
Are you still hesitating, even though your inner voice is screaming “Yes, let’s do this!”
If you are ready to ALIGN YOUR TEAM’S VISION AND AMPLIFY THEIR TALENTS TO INCREASE TRUST, SPEED UP WORK, AND CUT OPERATIONAL COSTS… Trust Changers can help you make this vision a reality.
Your team is ready for this, but if you need more convincing…
HERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW
Your team can do this
For most topics, 5% of the skills can get you 95% of the way. Your team doesn’t need to be the best at all of the soft skills, and they don’t need to know every detail about every collaborative software. They just need a core set of skills that can elevate everyone’s work and provide a foundation for continuing to grow trust. These “Trust Changers” will help people GET THE MOST VALUE for their effort.
Googling isn’t enough
Access to information is important, but it’s not enough. If it were, Google would be the ultimate educational platform, and everyone using it would be a huge success. The fact is, your team doesn’t need more information… they need CLARITY (context and insight about personal and team needs) and TRANSFORMATION (a way to internalize knowledge so that it becomes a part of who they are).
Your team needs to stand together
This is a self-paced TEAM service — meaning that you can choose when to do the activities as a team, but you must work on it together. We do this for 2 reasons. First, there is no better INCENTIVE TO SHOW UP and participate than sharing a common struggle with others who are also counting on you for support and motivation. But more importantly, the “aha!” moments and decisions that will occur as a team during the exercises will be transformational.